Speaking On Stage Colorfully | Valentina Cirasola | Interior Designer

I was on stage yesterday talking “colorfully” before a group of over 30 gentle women. I want to thank the Berkeley Italian Section Club for hosting my event. I enjoyed everyone of the participants and the tasty lunch.
The topic was: “Color Your World”.

Val Speaking ©Valentina Cirasola

©Valentina Cirasola

They all responded well to colors, in fact the audience came dressed in colorful clothes. It was surprisingly pleasant for me to see the wonderful expression of colors in their outfits, usually, I don’t get to see that many colors in an audience. I explained why colors inspire us and why we should wear them, throwing an arrow against certain colors I consider “boring” but useful nonetheless, in that all colors are beautiful and important in their functions.

Floral Colors

Tulip Tones
The focus of my talk was to explain why certain colors are not at all good to use alone. Beige, for instance, in interior as well as in fashion, can act as stabilizer when it is used with hot colors, like orange, red or yellow. Black can act as a grounding agent when a room is decorated in total white or beige and a total black outfit will come alive with small colored accents, such as a colorful pair of shoes.

Artichokes
Meadow

The eye needs to rest on some colors to feel relaxed. If a room is decorated in a monochromatic color there is no relief and the eye wanders around, therefore even though monochromatic schemes are beautiful in their character, always need some other colors as company. If wearing a total beige outfit, it is necessary to distract the eye of the viewers from the dullness of a total beige scheme.

Autumn Leaf
Succulents
Many women came up to me at the end of my conversation on colors to tell me how entertaining and informative my talk was. I never expect everybody to agree with me in these presentations. My knowledge comes from my long years of studies and most importantly from my 25 years of work experience in the design field. One woman talked to me about how good she feels in her total beige home with large windows through which she receives a ton of natural light and is able to see the nature outside. She feels relaxed and at ease with her neutrals, if she would color the walls she would feel overwhelmed ~ she said and I agree. If neutral tones are the preference, by all means use neutrals. I just reminded her that nature has made all colors and perhaps it wouldn’t be a bad thing to add small accent colors in the accessories.

Back Of A Leaf
(All photos are properties of Seeds found via Pinterest).
Visit my Pinterest boards. https://www.pinterest.com/vcvalentina

Morning Light

Neutral tones found in nature are beautiful and they are far from being all beige and dull, as you can see from  my photos. They are delicate, soothing, relaxing and lively. “Live in colors, change you life, change your energy”. Ciao,

Copyright © 2016 Valentina Cirasola, All Rights Reserved

Val Admiring World Valentina Cirasola is an Italian Interior Designer working in the USA and Europe since 1990, specializing in kitchen, bath, wine cellar, and outdoor kitchen designs. Often people describe her as “the colorist” as she loves to color her clients’ world and loves to create the unusual. “Vogue” magazine and many prominent publications in California featured Valentina’s work. She also has made four appearances on T.V. Comcast Channel 15 and on RAI – Italian National TV. Author of three published books, the latest ©RED – A Voyage Into Colors is on the subject of colors.

1. Lucia falcone
    Feb 14, 2016 @ 01:44:39

Dear Valentina,
    Thank you so much for such a wonderful lecture about colors.

It was very informative and I surely enjoyed your enthusiasm for life.
    My best,
    Lucia Falcone

Liked by 1 person

Feb 14, 2016 @ 17:50:22

My dear Lucia,
      it was a pleasure talking to a nice group of women like yours. So, keep in cheerful colors and be happy. Hope to see you at a different event.
      Designed regards,

2. Maria Streifer
    Feb 14, 2016 @ 18:08:18

Dear Valentina,
    Your lively, inspiring presentation on color will encourage me to choose my colors more confidently! It was a pleasure meeting you, and I look forward to continued contact both on FB and elsewhere.
    Warmest regards,
    Maria

Liked by 1 person

Feb 14, 2016 @ 23:57:25

Dear Maria,
      I enjoyed meeting you as well. I get really excited when I talk about colors, my audience feels it and get encouraged to try new colors. I am glad you liked my presentation, please keep in touch on FB or any other way you like. Until next time.
      Designed regards,

3. Cathie Kaye
    Feb 20, 2016 @ 01:12:18

Dear Valentina,
    I realized after your fascinating, humorous talk that I’m living in a beige world! Your talk inspired me to think about adding color to my home and wardrobe. Thank you so much for a very interesting presentation.
    Best regards,
    Cathie Kaye

Liked by 1 person

Feb 20, 2016 @ 04:04:10

I hope you do add some colors in your life Cathie, but you must feel comfortable in the colors you choose. Remember? They must fit your personality. Thanks for coming to the event.
      Designed regards,