Hoops, I didn’t even notice to have been gone since Christmas and my page seems stuck in the groove! Pardon.
Well, last year my Thursdays disappeared often out of my weeks, catapulting me straight into the Saturdays and weekends didn’t even appear on the horizon of my calendar. To me it meant one thing: time for regrouping, regenerating and detoxing from the Internet. Literally, I abandoned my studio and this time I was the one who disappeared. Now, I am wondering, why the year is new, I am one year older, but my office has the same organized mess, the same décor looking at me and the same dust onto which I can write the story of my life, especially after my short absence.
No, I am not stuck in the groove, the year has started well and I am very much alive and kicking.
This week, I made a third anniversary flying with WordPress. It has been a great experience reading all of you bloggers and making new friends.
I have received also the “Shine On” Award from A MisBeahaved Woman http://misbehavedwoman.wordpress.com/2013/01/10/shine-on – THANK YOU, I am honored and I accept. Please read her interesting blog on social issues, she is really good.
1.) Show appreciation of the blogger who nominated you and link back to them in your post.
2.) Add the award logo to your blog.
3.) Share 7 things about yourself.
4.) Pass the award on to 5-10 other bloggers you admire.
and here the winners:
http://suellewellyn2011.wordpress.com – Photography and stories.
http://ohtheplaceswesee.com – they are husband and wife who decided to live somewhere else a month at a time.
http://algarveblog.net – a British expatriate to Portugal.
http://wheresmybackpack.com – She says: “anyone who tries to tell you it’s a small world hasn’t tried to see it all”.
http://taylorjorjorian.wordpress.com – Photographic Surreal Impressionism
http://grandmothermusings.com – Jamie is a sweet teacher.
Please go visit them, enjoy their reading and make new friends. The world is full of people we have not met yet. Happy 2013 to all, hoping this year will treat us very nicely.
To find 7 things to say about me it’s a hard task to do, but I will do my best.
- I have always liked to eat and manage to keep the good figure to suit my bone structure. I have eaten a Mediterranean diet since I was born and don’t even get closer to junk food. People who know me call me “A Good Fork”. My father used to say that was better to clothe me than feed me.
- Growing up in my Italian family, food choices did not exist and neither did democracy in the family nucleus. The heads of the family made up their own laws and us kids had to obey. Today, I go into people’s home and find that kids can choose what they want to eat, as if they are at a private restaurant, tell parent what to do and even get paid to do chores!
- I am not a mechanical person like most of my women friends are. If something breaks it will stay broken, unless someone fixes it.
- I love the Opera. When I am sitting in those red velvet chairs, I transport myself to a different world and era and get totally oblivious to anything around me, but often asked myself how I would react if a fire happened while I am totally hypnotized by the opera notes.
- I am an acute observer. I see things people miss easily. I can sit at a café’ for hours just to observe and hear people’s conversations.
- I don’t get bored easily, stupid people get bored, but time waster get on my nerves easily.
- I don’t shop at corporations, I shop at small stores and I am very faithful to them if they know how to treat me right.
I am participating to the A to Z challenge on any subject, mine will be on HOME from A to Z.
I will give myself one year to write funny and not so funny stories, tips and stuff related to the home projects and behind the scene happenings.
Let’s have a fantastic year and let’s not get stuck in the groove of time! Ciao,
Copyright © 2013 Valentina Cirasola, All Rights Reserved
Valentina Cirasola is an interior designer, in business since 1990 and a former fashion designer.
She helps people realizing their dream spaces in homes, offices, interiors, exteriors, restaurants and more. She is also the author of three books all available on