An Incredulous Vision | Valentina Cirasola | Interior Designer

An incredulous thing happened to me yesterday afternoon around 6:00 pm, I just want to know if any of you have ever experienced anything similar. I am still thinking about it and what is the meaning of it.

I was driving on a super busy freeway, when all of a sudden, the town I was approaching, but not yet my exit, all the lights of that town, the freeway landscape, the shape of the winding road, all reminded me of another place in Europe.
In my over imposed view, I could not recognize this place in my déjà vu, but I was sure I had been there sometimes in my previous life. It was very clear in my mind, it was very familiar, I know I had been there in that cozy place, but where was it?
Then, as in any dream, I had an abrupt awakening, the view disappeared and returned to the dreadful, super busy freeway.

This morning, I drove 45 miles to return to the same spot on purpose, but the view I had seen yesterday didn’t come back. Perhaps the view of that beautiful place in Europe appeared because I was hungry and the emptiness of my stomach played a trick on me, or I was wishing in that moment to go somewhere unknown. Perhaps, the strange lights of a freeway in the early evening distort images, or the stress of my work is taking a toll. I think the latter is more real and not an excuse.
What do you guys think and what does it mean? Why this view appeared yesterday and not any other day, since that is an area I drive through often?
I will remain puzzled.

On the note of my stress, a few days have passed since I wrote my last blog, I am feeling withdraws as if I have a blog vise and a few days have passed by without thanking Jamie at http://grandmothermusings.com for nominating me with two awards:
The Reality Blog and One Lovely Blog Award. I appreciate your wisdom Jamie and I appreciate all the bloggers’ talents, information, photos, fun and personal dilemmas. That’s is what a community supposed to be. It is not always possible to answer all of you, but I do see and read you all everyday.

These are five questions for both Awards.
I will only answer one, my eye lids are falling off at the moment:
1) What is the one thing really scares you?

Being left completely by myself on this world, no people, no animals, no books, nothing.
2) If you could change something, what would you change?
3) If you could repeat an age, what age would it be?
4) What one dream have you not completed yet and do you think you will be able to complete it.
5) If you could be someone else for the day, who would you be?

(Photo above http://www.delish.com/food-news/a44086/champagne-water-cooler)

I am also thinking that some of my clients will appreciate having one of this in convenient places, especially when we are in the remodeling process.

I will nominate five bloggers and there is no specific rule to these awards. Each nominee is free to accept and do what he or she will with his or her award.

Create a great weekend. Ciao,

Valentina Cirasola is an Italian Interior Designer and former Fashion Designer, working in the USA and Europe since 1990. She blends well fashion with interior and colors the world of her clients. She has been described as “the colorist” and loves to create the unusual. Her latest book ©RED-A Voyage Into Colors is published. Check out her books on:

1. josephine
    Oct 27, 2012 @ 08:43:33

That which you are seeking in life is seeking you … sometimes we need to be still for a little bit … maybe that’s the meaning of ‘cambio di stagione’ ? I hope you are feeling more rested now …

2. Jeff Sinon
    Oct 27, 2012 @ 11:36:34

I have had similar experiences while driving. I’ll find myself in a place that seems so familiar, yet I know I’ve never been there before.

I also want to offer my congratulations on the well deserved awards!

And lastly, I really like how you signed off, “Create a great weekend.” I might have to use that one day!

Oct 27, 2012 @ 16:09:44

Jeff, I felt like slicing through time, the place I saw was beautiful. My signing off phrase is something I use often in my email communications with friends and clients. We do create our world and our life. Thank you for stopping by.

Oct 27, 2012 @ 14:26:15

Congratulations, Valentina! There is no telling when you are driving on a super busy freeway… Happy weekend!

Oct 28, 2012 @ 14:30:52

Well you probably won’t buy my opinion of the happening but here it is:
    You slipped into a time travel, more or less, Lets say, that past lives exist, for this hypothetical. You momentarily slipped into another existence.

I did have the exact thing happen once on the 405 Freeway, I was also tired and stressed and had gotten on the freeway and headed north instead of south. lol

On another note, congrats on your 2 awards and you have 2 more. No rules apply.

Love,
    Sindy

5. Green Door Hospitality
    Oct 28, 2012 @ 16:31:04

Congrats on the awards 🙂 I have had that same kind of Deja Vu — it has almost a magical type feeling… and then it’s gone.

Oct 29, 2012 @ 10:49:33

Congrats and I would love a water cooler like that one. Work would be easier, in a way.

Oct 29, 2012 @ 15:13:32

I ordered your book. Soo looking forward to receiving it from Amazon.com. Do you know that I got one of the last two copies? Thanks!

Oct 29, 2012 @ 15:19:42

Amy, thank you so much. No, I didn’t know you got one of the last two copies. I will tell my publisher to replenish the stock.
      The book is so new and is really vibrating. It is easy to read, at times amusing and I put a lot of information in it. You will like it.
      If you don’t mind, when you finish reading it, would you like to write me a review on Amazon? It helps keeping my rank up.
      Again, I am so happy and grateful. Enjoy it!

8. Stefan (maxima)
    Oct 30, 2012 @ 06:34:15

design italiano è stato con noi in Croazia sono molto apprezzati . ora posso guardare o godere di un mobile o di dire qualcosa di diverso progettato in Italia . Grazie per aver condiviso la tua opinione con noi con amore stefan massimi

9. Lauren Olivia & Co.
    Nov 01, 2012 @ 21:25:01

Thank you! Thank you! What an honor 🙂

10. island traveler
    Nov 03, 2012 @ 12:14:43

For a moment I thought I was reading my thoughts, “I am thinking that perhaps I need something as joyful as this in my photo above, chilled and refreshing, in any corner of my house. I might be able to find another meaning of life, or will cure my stress.” Yes we do need to find ways to calm our mind and heart. It is a stressful world. The more modern and civilized it is, the more demands, responsibilities and stress. Though the freeway picture is beautiful, with lights and all, I am reminded that it is also hectic and can worn me down. As I’m getting older, I’d rather have a simple, quieter life. It’s still in the making ….great post!

Nov 03, 2012 @ 16:00:44

Thank you, I appreciate your comment.
      At time, it seems my life is more stressful than others due to my profession, but then I think of doctors in the ER and I don’t want to be in their shoes.
      So I am happy where I am, I must learn to slow down sometimes.