Good Day Sisters! Valentina Cirasola | Interior Designer

Today I am going off topic from my usual design and style. I like to repost a piece from one of girlfriends and artist who wrote it after she attended a talk at Stanford University.

Tiffany (left) Valentina (right) having fun at a restaurant.

“They Teach It at Stanford:
In an evening class at Stanford University the last lecture was on the mind-body connection – the relationship between stress and disease. The speaker (head of psychiatry at Stanford) said, among other things, one of the best things that a man could do for his health is to be married to a woman whereas for a woman, one of the best things she could do for her health is to nurture her relationships with  girlfriends. At first everyone laughed, but the professor was serious.
Women connect with each other differently and provide support systems that help each other to deal with stress and difficult life experiences. Physically this quality “girlfriend time” helps us to create more serotonin – a neurotransmitter that helps combat depression and can create a general feeling of well-being. Women share feelings whereas men often form relationships around activities. We share from our souls with our sisters/mothers, and evidently that is very GOOD for our health.

He said that spending time with a friend is just as important to our general health as jogging or working out at a gym. There’s a tendency to think that when we are “exercising” we are doing something good for our bodies, but when we are hanging out with friends, we are wasting our time and should be more productively engaged? Not true. In fact, he said that failure to create and maintain quality personal relationships with other humans is as dangerous to our physical health as smoking! So every time you hang out to schmooze with a gal pal, just pat yourself on the back and congratulate yourself for doing something good for your health! We are indeed very, very lucky.

Let’s toast to our friendship with our girlfriends. Evidently it’s very good for our health”.

I am taking this opportunity to thank Jamie, my new-found friend here on WordPress
http://www.grandmothermusings.com for my nomination of “One Lovely Blog Award”. Jamie says that “Sharing little slices of life makes the journey more exciting!” I could not agree more.

Rules for the One Lovely Blog Award:
1. Give credit to the awesome person who nominated you and post the Award on your site.

2. Describe 7 things about yourself.

3. Nominate 15 other bloggers. I will tweak it a little.

7 Things about Home Designs Master
1. A few moons ago, I moved away from the Old World to only find myself doing things in the Old World style in the New World:

a. My laundry yard is where I hang my clean laundry to dry in the sun and wind. Will never own a clothes dryer.

b. Microwave cooking is not for me, it’s very bad to cook in it. Will never own a microwave either.

c. In my garden, I created an orchard, where I grow many types of food, Summer is harvest time. I preserve them for the winter, going through so much cooking, stuffing, canning and pickling, but my winter looks colorful, abundant and healthy.

d. If I am not using parts of my home at night, the lights stay off in those area; only keep lit the rooms I am using at certain given time of my evening.

e. For a good health of the home and the health of people living in it, I keep windows open to circulate fresh air all through the day. In the morning, when I get up, I open the windows and when I cook, the windows are open also. During remodeling process, I make sure to include plenty windows in clients’ kitchens and bathrooms. It is important these two spaces have egress for steam, vapors and odors.

e. I learned to make facial masks and skin, hair, or body treatments with food in my kitchen.

My way of living is in tune with my eco-friendly designs, which I offer to my clients, if they care to save money and live in a natural way.
The government didn’t have to tell me what to do to respect the Earth, I was born into a saving mentality.

Allow me to tweak the rules of the award and nominate the following 10 exceptional blogs for the One Lovely Blog Award. Many thanks to all of you for spending time with my writing and sharing your experiences and thoughts with me. Ciao,

*******

These are my nominees:

Valentina Cirasola has been a lifetime designer in fashion and interiors. Her extensive knowledge of colors and materials led her in both directions successfully. “Vogue Italy” magazine featured Valentina as the guru of staging in the theatrical way. Among designing and remodeling homes, designing custom-made furniture and writing books, Valentina is now teaching etiquette, table manners, table setting and life style. Her new book on the subject of colors is almost ready to be published. Stay tuned for ©Red-A Voyage Into Colors.
Check out her books on

1. josephine
    Sep 11, 2012 @ 20:59:46

Ma che carina, Valentina! Grazie di cuore! I too have been following your blog for a while now and I just love your ‘spirit’, it’s full of sunshine, trite as that may sound. Your feet are firmly planted on the ground but you know just how to conjure up, even with a small detail, something ‘simple’ that makes life more meaningful. Voltaire: Le superflu, chose si nécessaire … brava!

Sep 11, 2012 @ 21:06:23

Grazie a te! Sei molto gentile con queste belle parole.
      We need some superfluous stuff, only to appreciate the simplicity of life.
      Love Voltaire. Ciao,

Sep 12, 2012 @ 04:06:55

I love the photo of Tiffany and you! Happy times with our girlfirends is indeed needed and healthy. My friend and I take a walk, talk, and air out all our grievances about the world, then we go home peaceful. Thank you for the kind words about Grandmother Musings and thank you for being my friend. Your blog is so very award worthy and so very interesting to visit. Congratulations and Enjoy! Jamie 😉

Sep 12, 2012 @ 04:23:04

Hi Jamie,
      All my girlfriends are artists and think outside the box. Tiffany is a riot and one of them. My man doesn’t understand any of them, but that’s OK, they are my friends and yes, we vent, laugh, cry and enjoy time together just like you do with yours. That’s what sisterhood is all about.
      Thank you for being here.☺

3. island traveler
    Sep 12, 2012 @ 09:14:34

Congratulations my friend. Indeed you have a lovely, beautiful blog that shines with the most amazing designs and colors. An artist with a generous heart. Yes, friendship is a priceless treasure and we should always cherish and celebrate them. Thank you for sharing . I am honored and thrilled!

4. Jeff Sinon
    Sep 12, 2012 @ 23:13:16

Congratulations on the award, and thank you for the nomination. Regretfully, I have chosen not to accept any awards simply because my busy schedule prevents me from honoring the commitments that go along with acceptance.

I hope this does not upset or offend you, as a really do appreciate that you feel my blog worthy of nominating for any award.

For me the true award is having followers, like you, who are actually willing to read what I have to say, and hopefully enjoy the photographs that I share. I couldn’t ask for anything more.

All the best,

Jeff S.

Sep 13, 2012 @ 03:14:07

Jeff,
      You have nothing to worry about, I am not offended and understand completely. We are all very busy, at times I wonder, how I do it all and keep in contact with everybody.
      Thank you for the great photos you share.

Sep 13, 2012 @ 07:14:40

My best friend will be visiting soon and I’m looking forward to laughing and having fun. Congrats on the award!

6. Ralph
    Sep 15, 2012 @ 13:01:30

Wow!! You ARE a Lady of many talents. It amazes me how you have time to blog, not just one but a basket full. Have a nice weekend. Ralph x

7. petit4chocolatier
    Jan 06, 2013 @ 01:58:36

Gorgeous photo and I love the smiles! Such a great post on friendships and so true. Congratulations on your awards 🙂