Reflection | Valentina Cirasola | Interior Designer

In my world of design, Reflections are very important, as they can make or break a perfect space.
The placement of objects must communicate with all the elements in the space and be in harmony with the people living in a given space.
Mirrors play a large role in our life, they are supposed to tell the truth about our image and appearance, giving the opportunity to fix whatever is necessary.
Mirrors also reflect beauty and art on its own. The image reflected is often repeated to infinite, especially if the mirror is placed across a window or a light source.

Be careful where you place mirrors in the house, you don’t want to reflect an unpleasant view, a mess, or an habitually dirty home. Be creative.
This is my version of Reflection for Jakesprinter weekly photo competition.
Now, go around your home and pay attention to what your mirrors reflect. Love to hear if you like or not the reflected images you see. Ciao,

Valentina Cirasola is an Italian interior designer in business since 1990. She is passionate about colors and all expressive arts. She is a “colorist”. To her, selecting art means to bring out the best energy of her clients and nourish their soul. She is the forthcoming author of her book on colors: ©Red-A Voyage Into Colors, which will be released by the end of September 2012. Check her books on

1. josephine
    Sep 07, 2012 @ 21:52:07

I love the idea that in most Feng Shui schools of thought, the mirror is thought of as the ‘aspirin’ of furniture! But it’s true! … Our small appartment is full of strategically placed mirrors. The favourite of all the girls is one which is slightly ‘defective’: in that it makes one’s silhouette appear much slimmer than it really is in ‘real’ life!. Oh you should see all my girl friends preening themselves in front of that lovely huge mirror … which is basically telling them that they are even more beautiful than they already think they are. As for me, I leave our appartment feeling ‘slimmer’ than I really am… and that of course puts me in a better mood. I walk better, and show off a better ‘demeanour’ to the world. Mirrors are indeed magic!

Sep 07, 2012 @ 22:23:26

Josephine,
      you are so funny, I can just see the girls going by the ‘defective’ mirror and act as if they are in the funny house. I would do that myself often during the day, just to feel the illusion.
      Talking about the illusion, mirrors are perfect to open up spaces in small apartments, giving the impression they are much larger. Successful home décor is all about a visual impact.

2. Zen and Genki
    Sep 08, 2012 @ 00:34:21

Love that first white mirror! (And I just noticed your “about me” underneath your posts, Valentina! What a gorgeous hat that is! Very fitting for a designer like yourself!)

Sep 08, 2012 @ 00:48:57

Mirrors are one of my fetishes, along with hats, shoes, food, the list is very long. I am basically in love with the idea of beauty in small details. Thank you for stopping by and your comment.

3. jakesprinter
    Sep 08, 2012 @ 06:25:29

Great choices of images for this week topic my friend ,Thanks for posting 🙂

4. fstopfun
    Sep 09, 2012 @ 00:58:05

For as artistic as I am. I am always in awe of interior artists like yourself. I need to buy some mirrors now.

Sep 10, 2012 @ 04:53:41

I am honored to nominate you for the One Lovely Blog Award! Please pick-up your award at http://www.grandmothermusings.com . Copy and Paste the Award to your blog and follow the rules of acceptance. I wish you many blessings. Congratulations!!

Sep 10, 2012 @ 11:32:36

I don’t have a lot of mirrors in my flat, which infuriates many guests who want to be able to see themselves as they get ready to go out. Maybe I should change this.

7. island traveler
    Sep 13, 2012 @ 18:37:04

Artistic mirrors that brings out a dramatic character in any home.

Sep 26, 2012 @ 01:03:58

Beautiful designs, Valentina! It can make a difference to the room.