The Sunshine Award | Valentina Cirasola | Interior Designer

Yesterday Jamie from http://grandmothermusings.com/ nominated my blog for the Sunshine Award.

I have been blogging for a while on anything that has to do mostly with style, home décor, architecture, or fashion. You might have guessed it, I am a passionate designer.
From my  site http://valentinaexpressions.com I write about Italian culture and food.

Although I love to blog, I must admit for a while it felt as if I was writing to a wall. It felt lonely, it felt like a giant void, I had the impression nobody was interested in style, or design matters. But I don’t easily give up, I continued having fun with my blog, at least I was putting down my thoughts. Now, I am honored you guys are reading my blogs and following me, which brought me to receive the nomination of the Sunshine Award.
I am supposed to nominate 10 other bloggers and talk about me in 10 questions. The first part is easy, the second is not, as I rather talk about other people and not about myself. Here are the award rules.

Award Rules
** Include the Award’s Logo in a post or on your blog.
** Answer 10 questions about yourself.
** Nominate 10 other bloggers.
** Link your nominees to this post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated.
** Share the love and link the person who nominated you.

10 Questions About Me

What is my real fear?
To be left completely alone in the world, with no other human being or form of life. Boy, that scares the hell out of me!

What did I want to be when I grew up?
I am still finding that answer. It’s so difficult to become one person only when I can be many people.
I am pretty happy being a designer today, but I like to cook I could be a chef too, or a comedian, perhaps I could be a comedian chef who designs my stage clothes. UHM!
I also like to travel, perhaps I can be a comedian chef who designs all my shows in different parts of the world in different sets.

What are some of my hobbies?
I like to sit at a cafe’ to observe people, listening to their conversations, watch street actions and write fantasy stories based on what I observed. When I don’t watch the world, I have interests in reading, painting, cooking, singing and in most of the common hobbies. Basically, I like to feel the ground under my feet. I will never jump off a bridge or a skyscraper to feel my heart in my mouth and my brain in my stomach just to have fun.

What hobby would I like to start?
I like to learn saxophone and play it until I am 100 years old. Perhaps that will keep me young, actually I am sure it will.

If I could tell people anything, what would be the most important thing to say?
Love, live and matter in people’s life.

What’s the best prank I have pulled off?
This is really funny, but I don’t know if it can translate well. I am Italian born and lived in Italy all my life until a few years ago when I decided to move to California.
One day in Italy, we were all teenagers, we decided to go to the cinema. A tall bald man was sitting in front of me covering most of the screen view, at least I thought he was. While he was watching the movie, he moved in his seat to the right and I moved to the left. He moved to the left and I moved to the right. I could not bare to watch the entire movie like that. So I invented something. I slapped his bald head saying: “Hello John, long time I haven’t seen you. What a coincidence, you are here too, why did you not say you were coming, we could come together?” Obviously he was surprised, he wasn’t anyone I knew, I just wanted him to move to another seat and he did. We were a group of belligerent, but innocuous teenagers sitting behind him, he couldn’t take us. As he moved to the upstairs balcony, we followed him in silence and sat right behind him again. This time we wanted to have fun. After about 10 minutes, I slapped his bald head again saying: “I am sorry sir, I thought you were my friend John. Excuse me, but downstairs there is a man who looks just like you, you might want to meet him”. Well that was the end of him that night. I think he left the cinema for good. Today those teenagers are all professionals, from lawyers to doctors, from bank directors to designers and architects and we never used any drugs, only simple fun.

What book am I planning to read next?
Generally read two books together. Perhaps next book will be a Molière comedy. Fun.

Coffee, Tea or Champagne?
Bubbles all the way.

Lemon Torte or Chocolate Cheesecake?
Chocolate cheesecake with added lemon flavor. Yummy!

10 Fabulous Nominees!

http://cosmiccowpie.com/blog/ – Navigate with Carra today’s stressful world.

http://bringingeuropehome.com/ – I love her story of Europe.

http://healthdemystified.wordpress.com/ – Health, fitness, and success.

http://nataliasarkissian.wordpress.com/ – Her postcard from Italy brings great story and pictures.

http://astimegoesbuy.me/ – About fashion dilemma.

http://thebigbookofdating.wordpress.com/ – Dos and don’t about dating.

http://letlifeinpractices.com/ – About Psychology, Relationships

http://grandmothermusings.com/ – Helpful hints on everything. She nominated me for this award.

Well, I am missing a few more bloggers, hope some of you will forgive me. You are all important to me, but it is late at night and I can’t connect my brain energy anymore. I have not worked on my book tonight, perhaps playing on-line was what I needed to do instead. Thank you for reading me. Ciao,
www.Valentinadesigns.com

Valentina Cirasola is a professional interior designer still having fun with her work even after twenty-two years, showing no sign of wanting to quit. Her book on the subject of colors is just about ready to be published. Stay tuned for the launch of ©RED-A Voyage Into Colors. In the meantime check out her books on

1. Tom Lucas
    Jun 05, 2012 @ 15:42:37

Grats!!!

2. Melissa Muldoon
    Jun 05, 2012 @ 16:47:27

Complimenti Valentina! a volte può sembrare per noi blogger che non ci sia nessuno che legge quello che scriviamo! ma dovremmo seguire le nostre passione lo stesso. Infatti ci sono quelli che ci leggono in silenzio e apprezzano quello che scriviamo. Bello ogni tanto in tanto ricevere il riconoscimento per non sentire da sola!!!! Goderti questo premio! Un abbraccio!

Jun 05, 2012 @ 20:59:20

Ciao Melissa,
      Come hai ragione! L’anno scorso ho avuto una cliente che mi leggeva in silenzio da un anno e le piaceva quello che dicevo nei miei blogs. Cosi dopo un anno mi ha chiamata per farmi ristrutturare la sua casa.
      E’ stata una bella esperienza che continua ancora, infatti stiamo per finire quel progetto e spero che altri bloggers verranno con la stessa idea.
      Grazie per avermi letta. Un bacio,

3. ns
    Jun 05, 2012 @ 17:24:26

Wow, thanks Valentina!!!
    And congrats to you, too!

4. Robin Jean Marie
    Jun 05, 2012 @ 19:33:06

Congratulations! And thank you, kindly 🙂

Jun 06, 2012 @ 01:27:09

Wonderful things about you. Now I feel like I know you better. I would not jump off anything that would make my heart go into my throat, either. LOL! Keep up the great designing and blogging. 🙂

Jun 06, 2012 @ 14:19:04

Congrats on the award and I enjoyed learning more about you. I also love to sit in cafes and to people watch. You can learn a lot about life and a city by observing.