Fashion Is A Pain | Valentina Cirasola | Designer

Fashion never stops to amaze me! Every season, every year, new inspirations twist our way of dressing and yet guess where designers draw their ideas? The past, again and again regurgitated in new million facets!
This fall 2013, the choice of designs and colors has fallen on the Tudor and Medieval fashion. Alexander McQueen and a few others took the Tudor’s fashion to a new height. Although the look is very pretty and mostly appropriate for Opera soirée, I don’t think women will want to dress in crinolines again crowned with tiaras!

AlexanderMcQueen(Photo: Getty Image)

Miuccia Prada latest “Miu Miu” collection has interpreted women as androids, in my opinion. Dark colors and mostly black are the choices of this collection. With the exception of a few bright pieces, the collection seems quite gloomy to me. She highly structured her clothes and body shapes are cinched in tight belts. Shoes are flat, bulky, kind of tanks for feet.  (Below: Miu Miu photos by Vladimir Potop).

Louis Vuitton has resurrected the feminine shape, small waist and voluptuous curves and no it doesn’t mean that  women have become submitted creatures or sexy pot. Woman’s beauty should be celebrated with clothes that emphasize it and elevate it. (Photo below: Getty Images)

In the fall 2013 Italian designers envision women in punk clothes and Mohicans fur hair extension. You read it right fur hair extension!
(Photo below: Fendi)

milan

There isn’t anything new under the sun. Ideas are cooked, re-cooked and re-proposed as left over food with new flavors. I see more creativity in street fashion, at least people don’t have the pretense of wanting to be designers and feel freer to express themselves with shapes and colors best suitable for their moods. (Photos below: Elle.com)

I encourage people to embrace color, always pushing them outside their comfort zones. This fall 2013 try the versatile color palette. Get into the warm “Linden Green” with the “Carafe” accented with the vibrant “Samba” or “Koi”, but then “Beaujolais” “Koi” and “Emerald” together are so tempting. Whatever colors you chose this fall, must feel comfortable and exalt your personality.

pantonefall2013colortrends(Photo: Pantone)

Coordinating the right colors will affect your day, productivity and spirit. My Skype line is always open and I am here to help. Ciao,
Open this link and scroll down the page to find my Fashion Services

Copyright © 2013 Valentina Cirasola, All Rights Reserved

Cappello GialloValentina Cirasola is a trained Fashion and Interior Designer, working in the USA and Europe. Born in Italy and in a family of artists, style surrounded her since the beginning of her life. Her many years of experience led her to offer consultations in both specializations. She is the author of three books. Get your copy of Valentina’s book on colors: ©RED-A Voyage Into Colors on
Amazon: http://goo.gl/qNxXrB

Jul 20, 2013 @ 07:40:24

Fun fashion post~

2. Design Secrets
    Jul 20, 2013 @ 15:06:05

Reblogged this on Design Secrets and commented:
    Great post! And I agree, the fashion of every day people walking down the street is not only more realistic in terms of what someone would wear, but also often more attractive than that on the runway. Anyone else agree?

Jul 20, 2013 @ 15:28:02

Nancy, I appreciate your sharing of my blog, thank you so much. I love fashion, but often I am critical about it. Runways truly amuse me and the majority of people can’t face an everyday life with ultra extravagant clothes.

3. Kate Walsh / designhouse9
    Jul 21, 2013 @ 03:35:12

I loved reading this post of yours. I agree–street fashion is far more creative and wearable everyday by real women! I have a good friend who works for a company that requires everyone to wear all black. I could not work there. I love color!

Jul 21, 2013 @ 04:24:45

Hi Kate,
      In the case of your friend, the company doesn’t want employees to stand out more than the products.There are moments when black is necessary. If one wants to disappear in the background, black is fine, I prefer colors. Thanks for the visit.

4. Island Traveler
    Jul 29, 2013 @ 06:43:37

fashion makes our world a more exciting , fun place to be.