Liebster Award | March Appreciation | Valentina Cirasola | Interior Designer

AmaryllisAre you getting ready for spring? Are you looking into your wardrobe to see what looks good for keeping and what doesn’t?  Are you ready to change into spring colors? Do you usually invite spring into your home with new colors, deep cleaning, moving furniture around, or adding nature in some corners? Before my March is over I do all that and I make a special appreciation day to everyone and everything contributing to  the “good and pleasant” in my life. Ask me how to do it, if you have challenges. Decorating for Spring with your skin and eye colors is fun.

Today I am recognizing Sindy at http://bluebutterfliesandme.wordpress.com  for nominating me with the Liebster Award. Please visit her site, Sindy writes about spirituality. Sindy, I know a few weeks have passed since you awarded me, but I haven’t forgotten you, just needed to find the right moment. Last December, I stuck the beautiful amaryllis’s bulb in the pot and waited for a miracle to happen, until one day it bloomed literally before my eyes. I dedicated this flower to you Sindy  (it came out a little dark, I don’t know how to fix it) and thank you for nominating me, I feel honored.

the-liebster-award

~Award Suggested Guidelines~

Answer the questions below.

Nominate 11 bloggers

Inform your nominees by posting a link on their blogs

The Questions Are:

What first inspired you to start writing a blog?
In 2005, I was blogging on an Italian designers’ site and didn’t even knew it was called blogging. I thought I was participating to discussions. Then, my business coach said I needed to have my blog site and three years ago I landed on WordPress.

What is the biggest challenge you have had to face when writing a blog?
What is on my mind, it’s also on my tongue.  I was concerned my words would start a third Punic War.

If you traveled through time, what time would you want to arrive at and why?
I am very sure I lived in the 17th Century between Venice and France. I have too many déjà-vu examples that I have been there already.

However if I were to just pick one time in the past..
Definitely it would be Paris in 1920. I agree with Sindy, Woody Allen’s movie, “Midnight In Paris” project the perfect time for my character. I watch that film religiously at least once a month.

Do you prefer to eat chocolate, sweets or neither?
Chocolate for sure, no guilt.

Do you prefer to read or write?
I am addicted to both, it’s hard to choose.

What is your favorite non-fiction topic to read about and why?
Famous people autobiographies to learn from successful, smart or rich people how to make a better life and travel novels to learn and dream from people’s experiences about distance places I will never see.

If you could buy one book that would help you solve a problem in your life, what would it be and why?
As practical as I am, no book will ever solve my problem in life, unless I work at my problem with action. A book can only give me some inspiration.

Do you prefer to write at night or during the day?
Anytime, I am a nightcrawler and early birds, depending on my mood.

If you could be any character from a book, who would you be and why?
I am very happy being me, but for the sake of this award,  I would try a man’s role, just to see how it is on the other side. I would choose to be Casanova.

Do you prefer to read a printed book or an e-Book?
A printed book smells like a book and knowledge.

These are my 11 nominees, all very talented and creative people. Please visit each other, I am so grateful for all your knowledge, spirit and insights you bring me.

Life, colors and bread go on. Take control of your own food and the happiness that will follow.  Those who have seeds and know how to make food will survive. Create a great week. Ciao,

Copyright © 2013 Valentina Cirasola, All Rights Reserved

ValWorkingValentina Cirasola
has been in business as an interior designer since 1990 improving people’s life by changing their spaces. Often people describe her as “the colorist” for a reason. She lives in a colorful world, wrote a book on colors and loves to color her clients’ environments by creating the unusual. Her deep interest in food led her to study food, natural remedies, nutrition and well-being as an autodidact and finally wrote two books on Italian regional cuisine. Find Valentina’s books on

Amazon: http://tinyurl.com/9agl5v9
Barnes&Nobles: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/c/valentina-cirasola

1. terry1954
    Mar 06, 2013 @ 23:21:19

A huge congratulations to you Valentina and thank-you so much for nominating me!!!!! I feel very honored

2. Jeff Sinon
    Mar 06, 2013 @ 23:45:38

Congratulations on yet another well deserved award!

Am I getting ready for Spring? Not quite. I have a few more Winter hikes I want to do, and the images I hope to bring back. Though I must say, with all the snow we’ve gotten this year, the waterfalls should be flowing very nicely when I finally am ready for Spring. Wardrobe? I’m a jeans and t-shirt kind of guy most of the time. It works year round 😀

3. terry1954
    Mar 07, 2013 @ 00:03:14

4. petit4chocolatier
    Mar 07, 2013 @ 00:13:21

Congratulations my dear friend! I love Sindy too 🙂
    Thank you for the honor among all these beautiful people and their remarkable blogs. You are incredible!!

Mar 07, 2013 @ 02:09:52

Thank you so, so much, Valentine! I’m thrilled to be nominated by you. Appreciate you thought about me. 🙂

6. jakesprinter
    Mar 07, 2013 @ 04:17:57

Thank you Valentina ,I really appreciate my friend more power to your blog 🙂

7. MisBehaved Woman
    Mar 07, 2013 @ 05:33:50

Congratulations on your award! 🙂
    And thanks SO much for passing along a nomination to me, too!

8. The Palladian Traveler
    Mar 07, 2013 @ 06:53:15

Valentina – Congrats on the LA, and thanks for nominating The Palladian Traveler for the same. Fai una bella giornata.

9. astimegoesbuy
    Mar 07, 2013 @ 07:13:49

Congratulations Valentina!
    And thank you for sharing the love. 🙂
    Cheers,
    Laura

Mar 07, 2013 @ 09:43:58

I still haven’t seen Midnight in Paris, but I really need to. Everyone says they love it. Congrats on the award and thank for nominating my blog. Have fun getting ready for spring. I’m so ready for warm weather.

Mar 07, 2013 @ 15:07:15

TBM, the scenery in Midnight In Paris is beautiful, the dialogue and the plot are interesting. It’s an experience through time. It’s my pleasure nominating you. Enjoy it.

11. Green Door Hospitality
    Mar 07, 2013 @ 14:12:24

Congratulations on your well-deserved award!! I too prefer the physical books to ebooks. Nothing will ever replace the smell and texture of reading a printed book. There is such comfort to be found — especially in old books!

Thank you also for the recognition! I greatly appreciate it and feel honored.
    Kenley

12. Marianne
    Mar 10, 2013 @ 11:25:01

Valentina, congratulation on your well deserved award! I liked the questions, and when I read your answers I shouted out: me too at many of them, :). Thank you for nominating my blog, I feel very honoured. Have a nice day!

Dec 02, 2013 @ 15:19:23

Wow Valentina. OMG! I am a bit of an arse, how did I miss seeing this. Or if I did why didn’t I comment to say a sincere thank you for the kindness? I don’t know but hopefully it’s not to late. Thank you SO much.

✿ღ✿ღ.¸¸ღ♫*¨`*•..¸ƸӜƷ ✿ღ ✫❀