Christmas In Colors | Valentina Cirasola | Interior Designer

I am into colors and lot of it. I live colorful experiences because I live a colorful life. I can’t imagine my home, my wardrobe, or my garden without colors. In my new book  ©RED – A Voyage Into Colors I wrote:

“I am thankful for God who gave me eyes to see glorious colors!”
Have you thought of your Christmas colors this year? The classic timeless red, green and gold will always be available for those who want to stay in the tradition. Personally, I like to change Christmas colors every year and when the holidays are over, I organize a selling party to get rid of all the decorations and to have an excuse for the first party in early January before the real heavy work starts.

This year I have compiled six color schemes to show how easy it is to elaborate a color in many different directions and solutions. Think about how many more will be possible. You can spread one color with all its complements, opposite and undertone hues from the Christmas tree to the table setting and all the surrounding areas. The important thing is to stay within the boundary of one color and not exceeding or spilling into cheap combinations. Cheap is cheap, but simple is elegant.

Love to see your combinations.  Let’s share. Ciao,

Valentina Cirasola has been a lifetime designer in fashion and interiors. Her extensive knowledge of colors and materials led her in both directions successfully. “Vogue Italy” magazine featured Valentina as the guru of staging a home in the theatrical way. Among designing and remodeling homes, designing custom-made furniture and writing books, Valentina is now teaching etiquette, table manners, table setting and life style.

Check out her latest books ©Red-A Voyage Into Colors on the subject of colors, available on

Nov 29, 2012 @ 02:03:12

This will be so helpful when I start putting out Christmas decorations.

2. Jeff Sinon
    Nov 29, 2012 @ 02:51:42

These are all great Valentina. I can’t get my mind around the purple Christmas tree though. Purple is my favorite color, but I simply could not have a purple tree. I really like the orange/turquoise theme. Not colors I’d ever have considered for Christmas, but after seeing this, I may have to rethink my idea of what “Christmas Colors” are.

Nov 29, 2012 @ 03:34:10

Jeff,
      Why could you not have a purple tree, if that is your favorite color?
      Go where your fantasy takes you, it’s fun and liberating. Glad you like one of these color schemes.

• Jeff Sinon
        Nov 30, 2012 @ 11:28:24

Because I’m kind of an odd duck when it comes to my favorite color, that’s why I don’t have, and probably never will, a purple Xmas tree. Though purple is my all time favorite color, which I”m told is common for artists (though I still often find it hard to consider myself an artist), I don’t own anything purple. Weird I know.

Nov 30, 2012 @ 16:10:58

I agree it is weird. Some people put their favorite color in anything they wear, or anywhere in their habitat, even if it doesn’t look good on them or fit their personality.
          On another note, yes, you are an artist.

3. Stefan (maxima)
    Nov 29, 2012 @ 17:26:46

It is time – Awards ,prize giveaways and donation please download our here with love maxima enchanted with the beauty of your blogs. I say. You deserve more

Dec 01, 2012 @ 23:48:40

Fun post Valentina.

Dec 02, 2012 @ 02:40:45

I have nominated you for the “Blog of the Year 2012 Award. Congratulations for your wonderful blog. Please pick up your award at http://www.grandmothermusings.com Blessings…Jamie 🙂

6. restlessjo
    Dec 05, 2012 @ 22:02:03

Food for thought. Not sure which I prefer.

7. island traveler
    Dec 10, 2012 @ 08:59:02

I love colors. Always been into bright, primary, happy colors. I think it influence how we feel and one of my hope is to feel great everyday. Beautiful harmony of the colors schemes. Perfect for the holidays.