What’s Under Your Feet? | Valentina Cirasola | Interior Designer

I have been incredibly busy creating and preparing new products for the Internet and the launch of my third book on the subject of colors. Yippee!
©RED-A Voyage Into Colors will be released in the next month. In 2009, when I said I will be writing 5 books in the next 5 years was absolutely true. This third book is on time with the realization of my goals. Goals without actions are just daydreams, as we all know. Aside from this I am designing and remodeling a home in France through Skype line without moving an inch from my desk in California. Technology is my second name.

This is in brief what I am doing, but behind the scene, there is a lot more going on, so much so that sometimes things go unobserved. Yesterday, I was exercising in the park and saw the kids’ playground flooring made with soft tiles (photo above). I have seen that area for ages, but I really never paid attention. Designers give it for granted that people know what we know and it is not true. It gave me the idea to write about it.

In Italy, some times ago, I designed a wine cellar in the Renaissance style. My Client went to the island of Murano, near Venice and had the glass master reproducing historic Renaissance wine glasses from a photograph.
I hate to tell you how much he paid for a set of 12 glasses, but that was exactly the reason I used soft tiles on the floor of his wine cellar to protect those absurdly expensive wine glasses from hitting the ground and breaking.

(https://www.softtiles.com)

(http://www.tbm-language.com/index.php?q=home-gym-carpet)

Soft tiles are a good application for kids’ room and kids’ playground. They are perfect for study and library rooms, basements, or if you need to make an area in your home silent, even bedrooms. They are relaxing for the knees, inexpensive, come in many colors, even in wood texture and they are “green”.

What are they made of? They are made from a non-toxic EVA (ethylene vinyl acetate) foam. There you have it. Soft tiles are wonderful.

Let me know if you have an interest in saving your glasses, you knees, or you kids’ face. I am here at your service and nothing is ever a difficult job for me, not even from here to across the pond.

As I mentioned above I offer design consultations on-line, as a new feature of my business since two years ago. Tell your customers, friends and people in your circle that now they can hire me, see me though a computer screen, they will still receive architectural drawings from me if they need to get the house designed and remodeled, without Valentina being there, resulting in a huge savings for them. The traditional face-to-face consultations are still available. Ciao,

Valentina Cirasola is a trained Italian Interior Designer in business since 1990. Being Italian born and raised, Valentina’s design work has been influenced by Classicism and stylish, timeless designs. She is a designer well-known to bring originality to people’s homes. As an Italian designer and true to her origins, she provides only the best workmanship and design solutions.
She is the author of three books available on

1. Marianne
    Apr 28, 2012 @ 10:20:28

I coach people all over the world by Skype. Funny how you do the same, :). Have a nice weekend!

Apr 28, 2012 @ 15:47:35

Marianne, social sites have really changed the way we do business. Ten years ago wasn’t possibile to stay put in one place and do business in the world. Skype has been part of this change and I am so glad it has been invented.

2. katyarich
    Apr 25, 2012 @ 04:47:57

Thanks Valentina for the following, you are very talent, I really like your work, have a lovely day 🙂

Apr 24, 2012 @ 08:34:06

You are an inspiration! Keep working towards those goals!

4. Robin Jean Marie
    Apr 24, 2012 @ 05:43:37

Good luck with the new book–it sounds like a wonderul topic. And I love your line, “goals without action are just daydreams.” Well put!

Apr 24, 2012 @ 05:58:47

Thank you Robin, the new book RED is a vibrant book that will bring a new way of seeing colors. I am almost half way done with the fourth book (short Italian stories). It has been a load of work, but a load of fun too.