Welcome to a new episode of Friday Fashion.
I know many women who are not as tall as they would like to be. The mirror test in the shopping hours is the moment of complain: “If I were a little taller I could wear this and that….” Well, we are what we are. We can alter our exterior look with colors, with the right shapes, or with plastic surgery, but we cannot alter the height, matter as well accept our body without hesitation, regret or envy and make the best of it.
There are tricks to adopt to make us appear taller, as there are tricks to make bags under the eye disappear or make teeth whiter. It is easy when it comes to fashion to lapse into the ridiculous. Ridiculous for me are violent prints and overlapping fashion in elements which lead to great confusion; excess of vulgarity, inconsistencies of certain combinations; wearing shoes that makes the ankle coarse or a skirt that cannot be wore due to physical conformation.
To rejuvenate is very important, it will affect soul and spirit. Anyone wants to feel younger in a younger style and lines, however to rejuvenate with an aggressive look is not a winning move. Who cares what everybody wears, be different from others, find your personal style and learn not to blend in. With the right proportions, the right outfit, and the right colors, the goal is to feel good in the interior and exterior with what nature has gifted us.
I am a short person too. I should have suffered the missing inches as most of my friends are taller, but I didn’t, I have learned to hide my small defects and to exalt my virtues.
To look taller follow these basic rules and go on with life:
- Avoid long skirts with a lot of fabric flapping between the legs. If you must wear something long wear a pencil long skirt or dress. However short skirts on a short person are a better choice.
- Avoid bell bottom pants and low-cut waist pants or shirt. Pencil bottom pants are better and high waist pants and skirts are also a better choice.
- Avoid long oversize jackets. It will swallow a short person.
- Avoid a ton of print, use vertical stripes or monochrome color scheme.
- Avoid hats with large brims and large bags.
- Avoid flat shoes and high heel above 5” including wedges, but never give up the right heels. In addition to the height, a short woman in high heels will gain a more feminine sexier walking style.
- Whenever possible wear shoes of the same color of the pants. It will help elongate the figure at least visually.
- Avoid long hair unless they are collected and tied above. A short dynamic cut is better for a short woman.
- Avoid long nails.
Dynamite comes in small packages and I rather be the good wine in the small barrels.
I am here to help if you need to rejuvenate your look. Ciao,
Open this link and scroll down the page to find my Fashion Services
Copyright © 2016 Valentina Cirasola, All Rights Reserved
Valentina Cirasola is a trained Fashion and Interior Designer, born in Italy in a family of artists. Style surrounded her since the beginning of her life. Her many years of experience led her to offer consultations in both specializations and now she can remodel homes as well as personal images. To better help people in the world she offers consultations online. She is the author of three books. Get your copy of Valentina’s book on colors: ©RED-A Voyage Into Colors on