Where Did Thursday Go? | Valentina Cirasola | Interior Designer

Where did one day of my week go? I seem to have lost a Thursday. Did this ever happen to you? Yesterday, Friday, I was doing things I had scheduled to do Thursday, but towards to end of my workday, I realized it was already Friday.

I looked around in my studio, all the pretty pictures, décor, fabrics and props I use for my work and I realized that all of this is always here, they don’t move around like I do, they don’t get exhausted like I do, at times they hear some non-sense and they observe me silently, yet days revolve without even noticing them and the busyness of my every day grinding work puts me almost in a state of hypnotism. I was told that time in space doesn’t exist, so why should it exist in my timetable? Why am I in disbelief when often I lose one day in the week? Or why is it important to do something on Thursday or Friday, for example?

I worked very hard this week, I was able to achieve more or less what I wanted, Friday arrived upon my shoulder and didn’t even make any plans for the evening. Is this really bad, or unbearable? I don’t think so. There must be a reason why I lost one day. Perhaps something is telling me to slow down this train, which runs faster than the speed of light, to breath and to be thankful for everything I create and for the people supporting me. I want to thank Jamie from http://grandmothermusings.com/ for nominating me for the “Reader Appreciation Award”. I am late in thanking you Jamie, nonetheless I am very honored and humbly accept it.

Rules of this award are:
* Post seven interesting things about yourself.
• Nominate 5 people (I am bending the rule a bit) who in turn will post on their page the award with the link to the giver.
• Let them know about the nomination.

7 Things You Might Find Interesting About Home Designs Master

1. I was made to be on stage and I didn’t know it until a few years ago, when a business coach told me I am a show person and I should use this strong feature of my character as my business strength.
2. I dream of having a home made of brick façade with a theatre stage inside, where I can entertain my friends with plays, comedy, or classical music and real actors or singers.
3. I like to have a houseboat on the water and entertain at night under the stars “al fresco”.
4. I like to cook and eat preferably with people. My motto is “Never eat alone when doing business”.
5. I like political thriller films and any thrillers, but not horrors. My favourite are Hitchcock and Agatha Christy films.
6. I know a ton of people, but I only choose a few to be my friends and they are all good.
7. Here we go again, I lost something in the 7th position.

My nominations are for:
1. http://ancientfoods.wordpress.com/ – Joanna writes about the interesting history and roots of our food.
2. http://imeldaevans.wordpress.com/ – Imelda, is a writer, her blog is Wine, Women & Wordplay.
3. http://beyondthegreendoor.wordpress.com/ – Kenley writes about savoring the Everyday Adventures of Cooking and subjects related to food.
4. http://jakesprinters.wordpress.com/ – Jake at The Sunday Post blog is a photographer and graphic artist. I learn many good things from photographers.
5. http://roamandhome.com/ – Karen writes about her travel and dining experience.

I am so happy to be part of this blogosphere made of so many interesting and colorful people. I learn from your blogs and amuse myself with all of you every day. Yes, I do read you all every day. Thank you all for following my blog, I am very grateful for all your support and comments.
I don’t know who said this: “There are no strangers in this world, only people we have not met yet”. I want to get to know all of you.
Happy Saturday. Ciao.
www.Valentinadesigns.com

ValHatCelesteStampValentina Cirasola, is the principal designer and owner of Valentina Interiors & Designs. She is a trained designer and has been in business since 1990. She works on consultation and produces drawings for remodeling, upgrading, new home construction, décor restyling and home fashion. “Vogue Italy” magazine and many prominent publications in California featured Valentina’s work. She also has made four appearances on T.V. Comcast Channel 15. She is an author and her books are on

1. Playamart - Zeebra Designs
    Aug 18, 2012 @ 20:19:13

Every so often I’ll pull in my reins and ask, “How did I lose a day?” Every so often I am one day ahead as well, and I rejoice that I have an extra day in the week! I think that happens when one is in a right-brained highly-focused state…
    Congrats on your award! Z

2. Robin Jean Marie
    Aug 19, 2012 @ 01:32:46

i loose a day every week–so I’m actually much younger than I would be otherwise!
    I love your energy and your attitude, Valentina. Keep it up!

3. jakesprinter
    Aug 19, 2012 @ 08:14:35

Nice post my friend 🙂

Aug 20, 2012 @ 00:34:54

Congratulations, Valentina! Enjoyed reading the 7 things about you! Have a nice week!

5. Trackback: Reader Appreciation Award”. « Ancientfoods
    Aug 21, 2012 @ 07:26:08

Congrats on the award. I would love to have a houseboat. I wish you luck with your dreams.

7. Beyond The Green Door
    Aug 21, 2012 @ 15:47:51

Thank you so much for the nomination!! Greatly appreciate it! 🙂 (And I also love both Hitchcock and Agatha Christie!!)

8. Stefan (maxima)
    Aug 21, 2012 @ 17:41:29

I gave you Sunshine Blogger Award. Please check it out here:.Maxima.Congratulations to You!