Image of Life: Colors | Valentina Cirasola | Interior Designer

First, I want to publicly acknowledge Amy at:
for the Sisterhood Of The World Blogger’s Award I received from her last week. Amy your cover photo with colorful hanging lights is really illuminating.

“The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” – Saint Augustine, this is Amy’s beginning quote on the home page. Amy writes about interesting travel experiences and books.
I am very thrilled Amy, you nominated me for the award and I am open to receive it, thank you.

After a week, that’s how often my design workload permits me to write, I am going to participate in the Weekly Image Of Life: Colors, by:
Amy says: “Color adds excitement” – “Color brings smiles”. “Kids and colors make a wonderful world”. I will add:

“Colors contain the ingredients, which give out taste. Choosing and combining colors in food is as important as selecting ingredients to make delicious morsels.
We can characterize food in a color wheel and make that the palette for our daily nutrition. Nature has created the beautiful seven colors rainbow as an optical and meteorological phenomenon, to which we refer when we talk about color selection. We can refer to the same rainbow colors when we select food, except that eating food in colors is not an optical illusion, is a real solution to a healthy life. Nature has provided us with all the necessary ingredients to enjoy what we eat and to give us the formula for a good life”.

Excerpt from my book on the subject of colors:
©RED – A Voyage Into Colors. It will be out on Amazon soon in hardcover format and audio version.

Teach kids to appreciate healthy food since a young age and teach them how to grow food. Kids are our future. My grandmother once said: “Those who will have seeds and will know how to make bread will survive”. To your health, enjoy the picture of the food I grow with my own hands in my home orchard. Thank you all for sharing your experiences and thoughts. Ciao,

Valentina Cirasola is an Italian Interior Designer and former Fashion Designer, working in the USA and Europe since 1990. She blends well fashion with interior and colors the world of her clients. She has been described as “the colorist” and loves to create the unusual. Author of three books available on

Jul 21, 2012 @ 03:45:46

Congratulations and well deserved.

Jul 21, 2012 @ 05:24:41

Congratulations on your award! I love the quote from your grandmother, “Those who will have seeds and will know how to make bread will survive”. This is so true. What a beautiful harvest you have there. Enjoy! 🙂

3. island traveler
    Jul 21, 2012 @ 05:49:03

Congratulations. You have a beautiful blog that inspires people just lik what colors does to our everyday life. I agree, “Colors contain the ingredients, which give out taste.” How we choose colors in the variety of food that we eat is not only appetizing but an expression of our creative self. Your grandmother is a wise woman. Her words are priceless, “Those who will have seeds and will know how to make bread will survive”. I learned so much today, as exciting as the rainbows amazing colors! Thanks. Have a great weekend.

Jul 21, 2012 @ 06:10:29

Thank you so much, my grandmother has been a blessing in my life and I dedicated the first book I wrote to her.
      I am happy to have found you, your blog is very interesting. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog.

4. Marianne
    Jul 21, 2012 @ 07:27:49

Congrats, well deserved! 🙂

Jul 21, 2012 @ 11:29:49

Thank you for sharing your grandmother’s wisdom! I appreciate so much for your comments, am flattered… I’m amazed how people are connected with ideas and thoughts. You certainly have done diligently. Have an enjoyable weekend!

6. Robin Jean Marie
    Jul 22, 2012 @ 02:14:13

Congratulations on becoming a part of the sisterhood, Valentina!
    Congratulations also on your book! Your *colors* look delicious and nutritious, and your book sounds wonderful. 🙂
    (I haven’t been getting post notifications from your site–sorry! I’ll have to check in to that.)

Jul 22, 2012 @ 05:07:46

Thank you a bunch Robin, very kind of you.
      You probably get notification for my post once a week, because I publish once a week, as my time is very limited.

Jul 24, 2012 @ 07:03:26

Congrats on the award. One of the first things we did when we got back from our trip was go to the store to stock up on fruit and veg. After eating meals at restaurants for so many days I need some decent food in me. I love to travel but it does a number on my eating habits.

8. Trackback: Weekly Image Of Life: A Lifetime Of Memories | this man's journey